Recipe by Manami
Great and easy! A nice way to prepare steak with vegetables. Use a combination of three peppers, if desired, just increase the other ingredients accordingly.
- 2 tablespoons garlic cloves, cushed
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 beef t-bone steaks or 2 porterhouse steaks, well trimmed, cut 1-inch thick
- 1⁄4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 red bell peppers or 2 yellow bell peppers, quartered
- 1 large red onion, cut crosswise into 1/2-inch slices
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, combine first 3 ingredients and mix well.
- Remove 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon seasoning and press into both sides of steaks.
- Add cheese, oil and vinegar to remaining seasoning, mixing well; set aside.
- Place steaks in center of grid over medium ash-covered coals; arrange vegetables around steaks.
- Grill steaks uncovered 14-16 minutes for medium-rare to medium doneness, turning occasionally.
- Grill peppers 12-15 minutes and onion 15-20 minutes or until tender, turning once.
- Brush vegetables with reserved cheese mixture during last 10 minutes of grilling.
- Season steaks with salt & freshly ground pepper, as desired.
- Remove bones; carve steaks corsswise into medium-thick slices.
- Serve with vegetables.
- Serve with Cabernet Sauvignon or Merlot.