Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Cooking Light August 2008. Leftover steak (Garlic-Rubbed Flank Steak With Chimichurri Sauce) adds substance to classic Italian bread salad. Toss vegetables with vinaigrette, and let stand at room temperature to draw out flavorful juices. With bread, vegetables, and meat, this dish doesn't need any accompaniments other than a glass of wine (try pinot noir). Note: Cooking time does not include 1 hour standing time for vegetables.
- 1⁄2 lb ciabatta, day-old and cut into 1 inch cubes (about 4 cups)
- 2 1⁄2 cups tomatoes, coarsely chopped (about 1 pound)
- 1 cup English cucumber, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, vertically sliced
- 1⁄2 cup bottled roasted red pepper, julienne-cut
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons capers
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons sherry wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups arugula, loosely packed
- 12 ounces flank steaks, grilled (Garlic-Rubbed Flank Steak With Chimichurri Sauce)
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Arrange bread cubes in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake at 400 for 8 minutes or until toasted; cool.
- Combine tomato and next 6 ingredients (through garlic) in a large bowl. Combine vinegar, oil, sugar, black pepper, and salt. Add vinegar mixture to tomato mixture; toss well. Cover and let stand 1 hour.
- Add bread cubes, arugula, and Recipe #513152 to tomato mixture; toss gently to coat. Serve immediately.
- Serving size = 2 cups.