Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is so easy and so elegant! Serve it for a romantic or special dinner. Sure to impress!
- 2 filet mignon, 1 1/2-inch thick
- 236.59 ml butter
- 226.79 g crabmeat, fresh
- 170.09 g packageknorr bearnaise sauce mix (packaged gravy section of store)
- whole milk
- Salt and pepper raw steaks before grilling. Broil 10 - 12 minutes on one side, then 8 - 9 minutes on other side.
- Simmer 1/2 stick butter with crabmeat on low heat until warm.
- Prepare Knorr's Bernaise sauce with one whole stick of butter and using whole milk only, by following directions on package.
- Put asparagus and some water into microwave for 2 - 2 1/2 minutes.
- To serve: Crabmeat over steak. Asparagus over crabmeat. Cover with Bernaise sauce.
I make steak oscar frequently. We always have leftovers of steaks we have grilled. I have been using Knorrs bernaise mix for years. I was a finatic about making it from scratch till a friend introduced me to Knorrs. However, to cut down on calories and fat in the bernaise, I use non-fat milk, no butter, and a couple tablespoons (to your taste) of dried tarragon. It's really, really good and almost guilt free. I use shrimp, lobster or crab meat.....whatever I happen to have in the freezer and usually alway have blanced asparagus frozen. I serve it with long grain and wild rice and a nice light pear salad. It's one of our favorite meals and really sooo very easy, especially with the steak being already grilled.
I served this one night along with the Keg's mushrooms neptune and it was a great hit with my husband. The only thing I did different was I used rib eyes and added a few scallops to go with the crab meat!
Awsome!! Made this last summer and will be making it again!!