These are so quick and tasty. You can use strips of boneless chicken breast instead of the beef. Feel free to double the marinade. The flavor is so great for such a short marination time. You can can do them up ahead of time and have the meat sit longer if you wish.
- 3⁄4 lb top sirloin steak
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 8 flour tortillas (8 inch/20 cm)
- 1 -2 onion, we usually use approx. 1-2 depending on size (however much you like,enough to make a good mix with the peppers)
- 2 small sweet peppers, of your choice (green, red, or yellow)
- sour cream
- shredded cheese
- chopped tomato
- Slice steak into thin strips.
- In bowl, mix together 1 tablespoons olive oil, lime juice, garlic, chili powder, cumin, hot pepper flakes, black pepper & salt.
- Add beef strips and stir to coat, set aside.
- Wrap tortillas in foil and place in 350° oven for 5-10 minutes or until heated through.
- Cut onions in half lengthwise and slice into strips, cut your peppers into strips.
- In large non stick skillet over medium high heat, heat remaining tablespoons of olive oil.
- Add onions & peppers stirring for 3-4 minutes, until softened; transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Add beef to skillet, cook, stirring for 3-4 minutes or until they lose their red color.
- Return onions and peppers to skillet; stir for about one minute.
- To serve, spoon a portion of the beef mixture down the centre of each tortilla, top with your desired toppings , fold bottom of tortilla up over filling, fold the sides in, overlapping.