Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is quick, easy & very kid friendly! You can use up leftover beef & save time by omitting the first 2 steps. Serve with sour cream, salsa and/or guacamole - or as is!
- 1 lb boneless beef top sirloin steak
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 1⁄2 cups sliced onions
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 8 large flour tortillas
- 1 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- Season steak with salt & pepper.
- Heat oil in a skillet, over medium high heat; cook steak about 3 minutes per side or until medium-rare, then remove from pan & set aside.
- Combine mushrooms, onions, chili powder & oregano in the pan and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Thinly slice steak & combine with vegetables.
- Spoon filling on half of each tortilla, sprinkle with cheese & fold the tortilla over the top.
- Bake on baking sheet in 400F oven for 10 minutes per side or until golden & cheese is melted.
- OR grill over medium heat for 4 minutes per side or until golden & cheese is melted.
Delicious! Used leftover rare NY Strip which I quickly sauteed at the end of cooking the mushrooms and onions, just to warm up a little. Great served with guacamole!!
Simpley awesom, and four thumbs up according to my DS and his friend. I used fresh sliced mushrooms, I added in some green pepper strips and diced jalapeno peppers, otherwise made as stated, although I did not get to try one, I got rave reviews on this recipe! Thanks for another winner Marg!