Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
You'll never go back to prepackaged burger meat again! The two different meats that are freshly ground give it really great flavor. Courtesy of Alton.
- 8 ounces chuck, trimmed, cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
- 8 ounces sirloin, trimmed, cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- bun, toasted
- mayonnaise (optional)
- fresh ground black pepper (optional)
- In separate batches, pulse the chuck and the sirloin in a food processor 10 times. Combine the chuck, sirloin, and kosher salt in a large bowl. Form the meat into 5-ounce patties.
- Heat a cast iron skillet or griddle over medium-high heat for 2 to 3 minutes. Place the hamburger patties in the pan. For medium-rare burgers, cook the patties for 4 minutes on each side. For medium burgers, cook the patties for 5 minutes on each side. Flip the burgers only ONCE during cooking.
- If desired, spread mayonnaise on a toasted bun and top with some freshly ground black pepper. Add your delicious burger and enjoy!