Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 hrs
I grew up eating at this fast-food restaurant and then it suddenly disappeared. Now they are back and their hamburgers and shakes are just as good as they ever were. Their chili cheese fries are delish! Of course, now I only eat at this restaurant on special occasions!!!
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (10 ounce) can French onion soup
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin, ground
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons cocoa powder
- 2 (14 ounce) cans kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup cola (Coca Cola or Pepsi)
- Brown ground beef along with salt in oil. Drain meat and return to crockpot. Put soup in blender and blend for 1 minute. Add all other ingredients, including soup, to crockpot. Let simmer on low for 6 hours or on high for 2 hours.
AWFUL. Nothing even close to Steak and Shake chili. Whomever wrote this recipe obviously has never been to on. don't waste your time and money on this recipe thinking you are getting chili that tastes anything like the chain Steak & Shake.
OMG! Sorry but this is nasty. I had to throw it all away. So, F- if there is such a thing. At least you tried. But, your taste buds are wacked. LOL!
Made this , followed recipe exactly. Sorry guys but its wrong do to one MAJOR ingredient, the cola is all wrong it made the chili SWEET, Steak-n-Shake chili is NOT sweet . It is my favorite chili next to homemade except for tonights supper when this recipe ruined both of my favorite chili's. Now I'll have to spend at least 30 minutes to try to salvage this pot of chili to get rid of the sugary taste. And for all who try this recipe leave out the cola and maybe try coffee instead because the" real thing" (Coke) wasnt the answer