I got this from my brother who works at Steak and Shake up in missouri haha I love this Chili best with their fries:)
- 2 lbs lean ground chuck (coarsely ground)
- 1 cup onion (diced)
- 1⁄2 cup onion (diced)
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 4 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 2 (16 ounce) cans light kidney beans
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 tablespoons chili powder, plus
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato paste
- In a skillet on medium low heat sauté ground beef and onions.
- When beef has been cooked, drain all grease and place in a medium large sauce pan.
- Add celery salt, tomato sauce, kidney beans, garlic powder, garlic salt, chili powder, pepper, water and salt, mix all ingredients.
- On low heat place a lid on sauce pan and simmer for one hour, stirring frequently. After chili has been cooking for a hour add tomato paste and stir well. Place lid on pan and simmer an additional half hour.
- To assemble:.
- For individual serving :.
- In a shallow bowl or plate place:.
- Generous helping of spaghetti.
- 3/4°C Chili.
- 2 Tbs. Chili Sauce.
- Chopped Onions (to taste).
- 1/2°C Shredded Monterey Jack and Colby Cheese Mix.
- Top with additional onions to your taste. Any leftover chili can be placed on crisp tortilla chips for a light lunch or a great snack.
- Chili sauce can be purchased at most grocery stores in the condiement area. It is sold in a glass bottle, and looks somewhat like the old glass Heinz Ketchup bottles.
This was so yummy. I make chili all the time because my husband and I love it, but my daughter and son never like any new recipe that I bring to the table. My daugther loved this and she is so picky. It was very tasty, so much seasoning in it. We put cheddar on it only because we didn't have the cheese that was called for. Other than that, went exactly by the recipe. Will definately be making this again, Thank so much for sharing~!
Smelled great during the first hour of simmering, but after adding the tomato paste, it came to the consistency and taste of spaghetti sauce. It made me a little sick to eat it like that and ended up throwing the rest out. Probably won't attempt this again but thanks.