Recipe by CookbookCarrie
Yummy, simple, and a hearty meal for those rushed nights. Enjoy with your favorite bread and a green veggie, we like steamed broccoli.
Top Review by teresas
I was lucky to find 1/2 lb. of beef tenderloin on sale! The meat came out tender but the overall dish, both in mine and DH's option felt that there was just not enough flavor. It was on the bland side. The dish needs some extra spices. Something to kick it up a notch. When I have figured out what they are I plan to prepare again and let you know how it came out. Thanks, CookbookCarrie for a quick after work dish.
- 8 ounces anglehair pasta
- 1 lb steak sirloin, trimmed and cut into 1 inch strips
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 ounces sliced fresh mushrooms (about 3 cups)
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green onion
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3 tablespoons skim milk
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- fresh coarse ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta and drain, keep warm Spray skillet large enough for all of your ingredients with cooking spray, heat and add beef and garlic; cook about 4 minutes.
- Add mushrooms, broth and onions.
- Reduce heat; cover and cook 3 minutes.
- Uncover; cook an additional 2-3 minutes.
- In a small bowl combine flour and milk; blend until smooth.
- Add to skillet; cook, stirring constantly, 2 minutes or until sauce has slightly thickened.
- Stir in mustard until smooth.
- Serve over pasta.