Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Yummy, simple, and a hearty meal for those rushed nights. Enjoy with your favorite bread and a green veggie, we like steamed broccoli.
- Cook pasta and drain, keep warm Spray skillet large enough for all of your ingredients with cooking spray, heat and add beef and garlic; cook about 4 minutes.
- Add mushrooms, broth and onions.
- Reduce heat; cover and cook 3 minutes.
- Uncover; cook an additional 2-3 minutes.
- In a small bowl combine flour and milk; blend until smooth.
- Add to skillet; cook, stirring constantly, 2 minutes or until sauce has slightly thickened.
- Stir in mustard until smooth.
- Serve over pasta.
I was lucky to find 1/2 lb. of beef tenderloin on sale! The meat came out tender but the overall dish, both in mine and DH's option felt that there was just not enough flavor. It was on the bland side. The dish needs some extra spices. Something to kick it up a notch. When I have figured out what they are I plan to prepare again and let you know how it came out. Thanks, CookbookCarrie for a quick after work dish.
A great way to turn steak and mushrooms into a pasta dish. I cooked the meat in the mushrooms and broth a little longer and I added more salt. I also only used one tablespoon of regular mustard to let the flavor the mushrooms and garlic give to the beef stand out more. Yum.
This made a terrific dinner for us tonight! I meant to halve the recipe because it was just my husband and myself but I couldn't find a 1/2 pound piece of sirloin so I ended up making the full recipe. Good thing I did because my husband wiped it out, he loved it. Very after-work friendly (easy and quick). Thanks for the recipe Carrie, it's a repeater.