1/1 Photo of Steak, Mushrooms and Bell Pepper Sandwich
I think this might be close to a Philly Cheese steak sandwich, however I have never had the real thing, and I am certainly not going to call this a Philly cheese steak, I have made this many times for a Super Bowl get together using a tender cut of beef, sliced VERY thin. I have even purchased packaged ready-sliced stir-fry beef strips from the grocery store to make this sandwich, even though they are strips not slices they still work well for this, it saves a lot of slicing time too, also the mushrooms are optional, but I most always use them for this sandwich, saute the mushrooms in advance to save time. You will need about 2-3 pounds of beef for 6 sandwiches, if you are planning on making more than 6, then double all ingredients.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 226.79-453.59 g white button mushrooms (sliced and sauteed in butter until browned) (optional)
- 3 large onions, sliced very thin
- 2 small green bell peppers, seeded and sliced very thin
- 2 small red bell peppers, seeded and sliced very thin
- 29.58-59.16 ml oil
- 2.46 ml garlic salt
- salt and black pepper
- 907.18-1360.77 g uncooked beef, sliced thin (use a tender cut of beef like sirloin or tenderloin for this)
- 8-10 slice mozzarella cheese (or use a much as desired) or 8-10 slice provolone cheese (or use a much as desired)
- 6 soft Italian rolls, split in half
- 1Saute the mushrooms in butter in a large frypan until browned; set aside.
- 2In the same skillet saute the onions and peppers in oil with garlic salt and black pepper and salt until well sauteed; set aside to a dish.
- 3In the same skillet fry the beef slices until browned but not crispy.
- 4Add in the onions/green pepper mixture back to the pan and toss gently with the beef.
- 5Place the cheese slices on top of the beef/green pepper mixture in the skillet and let melt.
- 6Pile the mixture onto each bun top with sauteed mushrooms (if using) then cover with the top slice of bun.
- 7Wrap each sandwich separately in a large piece of paper towel, and place in the microwave on HIGH for about 22 seconds to warm and soften the bun (this is optional but I always do this!).
- 8Serve sandwiches while the beef mixture is still warm.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Steak, Mushrooms and Bell Pepper Sandwich
Serving Size: 1 (2377 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1324.3
- Calories from Fat 1100
- Total Fat 122.2 g
- Saturated Fat 50.6 g
- Cholesterol 180.2 mg
- Sodium 478.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 25.5 g