Prep 2 mins
Cook 3 mins
These are fantastic on a steak or top a baked potatoes with them. We never have steak without these! You can use fresh or canned! All seasonings are by taste; I think this is the perfect blend but you adjust to your own.
- 1 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced OR
- 1 (13 1/4 ounce) can mushrooms, drained very well
- 3 tablespoons real butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder (or 1 tsp. garlic salt)
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery salt
- Melt butter in a medium skillet over medium heat.
- Add Worcestershire, garlic, and celery seasonings.
- mix it up well.
- Add mushrooms and toss to coat with seasoned mixture.
- For fresh mushrooms, saute to desired doneness.
- For canned mushrooms saute till hot.
- Spoon over steak or potatoes or what ever you intended them for.
OUTSTANDING. Perfect mushrooms for steak night. I hardly ever eat mushrooms but these little devine spores were a hit. I will add them to my menu on a regular basis. Thanks for posting.
Definitely 5 star mushroom recipe! I think next time I will double the sauce recipe, it is so good. DH enjoyed these mushroom with eye of round steaks marinated in Belgian Beer Marinade by Chocolatl. Thank you Karen for a wonderful recipe! Made and reviewed for KC's Cookathon for KGCook's.......wishing you a speedy recovery hon!
We had these with burgers, and they were just perfect! This is just the right way to make mushrooms. Thanks for posting!