This is just one of those baked sandwiches that you get a craving for every once in a while. This is good "football watching" food, if you know what I mean!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 box frozen minute steak (a.k.a. Steak-Ums)
- 1 carton whole mushrooms or 1 carton sliced fresh mushrooms (sliced if you buy whole)
- 1 large vidalia onion, sliced (or other sweet)
- 1 green pepper, sliced (optional)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- mozzarella cheese, shredded
- seasoning salt (I use Lawry's)
- garlic powder
- course ground black pepper
- hoagie rolls or sub hot dog bun
- 1Slice frozen meat into long, thin strips.
- 2In large, deep skillet, or dutch oven, melt butter.
- 3Add sliced onion (and green pepper if using) and cook just until they start to sweat.
- 4Add mushrooms and frozen steak strips.
- 5Add your seasonings (season salt, garlic powder, black pepper).
- 6Keep heat on about medium to medium high (you are going to cook these pretty fast).
- 7Stir occasionally to ensure all meat is browning.
- 8While meat is browning, open rolls, place on cookie sheet, and"toast" in oven.
- 9Cook meat mixture until all meat is brown.
- 10(Tip: Just as meat is done, I will"recheck" seasoning, and usually end up having to add a little more) Spread each roll with generous amount of meat mixture and top each sandwich with mozzerella cheese.
- 11Return to oven and broil just until cheese starts to brown.
- 12Now hurry up and get back to that chair-- half time is almost over!
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Steak & Mushroom Hoagies
Serving Size: 1 (187 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 66.6
- Calories from Fat 52
- Total Fat 5.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 42.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 0.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: