Even the kids will eat their spinach when it's tucked into this delicious dish with sliced steak and a creamy steak.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 (1 lb) beef sirloin steaks or 1 (1 lb) beef top round steak, 3/4-inch thick
- 1 small onions, sliced or 1/4 cup onion
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach leaves
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed 98% fat-free cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup water
- 1 large tomato, thickly sliced
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add the beef and cook until well browned, stirring often. Remove the beef from the skillet. Pour off any fat.
- 2Heat the remaining oil in the skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until tender-crisp. Add the spinach and cook until the spinach is wilted.
- 3Stir the soup and water in the skillet and heat to a boil. Return the beef to the skillet. Reduce the heat to low. Cook until the beef is cooked through, serve the beef mixture over the tomato. Season with the black pepper.
- 4SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve with hot cooked whole-grain egg noodles and a green salad with Dijon vinaigrette. For dessert serve fresh fruit salad.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Steak & Mushroom Florentine
Serving Size: 1 (272 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 310.1
- Calories from Fat 192
- Total Fat 21.4 g
- Saturated Fat 6.7 g
- Cholesterol 85.0 mg
- Sodium 87.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 24.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
98% fat-free cream of mushroom soup