Recipe by ElizabethKnicely
Even the kids will eat their spinach when it's tucked into this delicious dish with sliced steak and a creamy steak.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 (1 lb) beef sirloin steaks or 1 (1 lb) beef top round steak, 3/4-inch thick
- 1 small onions, sliced or 1⁄4 cup onion
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach leaves
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) cancondensed 98% fat-free cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup water
- 1 large tomatoes, thickly sliced
- fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add the beef and cook until well browned, stirring often. Remove the beef from the skillet. Pour off any fat.
- Heat the remaining oil in the skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until tender-crisp. Add the spinach and cook until the spinach is wilted.
- Stir the soup and water in the skillet and heat to a boil. Return the beef to the skillet. Reduce the heat to low. Cook until the beef is cooked through, serve the beef mixture over the tomato. Season with the black pepper.
- SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve with hot cooked whole-grain egg noodles and a green salad with Dijon vinaigrette. For dessert serve fresh fruit salad.