Recipe by Darlene Summers
This is a decently quick casserole to make and quite good too.
Top Review by hermana_call
I was looking for a review to use some leftover steak and this one turned out great. I used fresh mushrooms and left out the bacon, buttermilk and mustard. I did add a little fat free milk. I also just put it all in the crockpot and served it over noodles. Delicious
- 4 cube steaks
- 4 tablespoons bacon drippings
- 2 (4 ounce) cans mushrooms
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 2⁄3 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons finely snipped parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 4 medium potatoes, thinly sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown steaks in drippings.
- Remove from skillet.
- Sauté mushrooms and onion slices until tender.
- Drain steaks, mushrooms and onion slices on paper towels.
- Combine soup, buttermilk, parsley and seasonings, blending till smooth.
- Place alternate layers of potatoes, onion and mushroom slices, steak and sauce in greased 2 1/2-quart casserole.
- Bake uncovered in 350° oven for 1 hour, or till potatoes are tender.