Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This one comes from "Cuisine at Home"
Make and share this Steak Milanese recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb loin steak, trimmed
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 cup roma tomato, seeded and diced
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, diced
- 3 tablespoons kalamata olives, halved
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- Cut the steak into 2 inch pieces. Pound to about 1/4 inch thick. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place the eggs, flour and bread crumbs in 3 dishes. Dredge the cutlets in flour, then eggs and then the bread crumbs. Transfer to a parchment lined sheet pan and chill for 30 minutes.
- Combine the tomatoes and rest of ingredients in a bowl to be used as relish. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large saute pan over medium-high heat to 350 degrees. Fry the cutlets in batches until golden, about 2 minutes per side. Drain on paper towels.
- Top with tomato relish and serve.