Recipe by Chef Diver
I came up with this recipe a few years ago, when I had ruff times. Originally I used flank steak and it came out great, and about a year later found this recipe in my box and made it for my room-mates 21st birthday party. Of course I used T-bone steaks. Every one love it and nobody open up the bottles of A-1 or Heinz-57 sauces. I hope you would agree also.
- 20 ounces beef t-bone steaks or 1 1⁄2-2 lbs of choice beef
- 1 tablespoon hickory liquid smoke (I use Colgin brand)
- 1 1⁄2 ounces bourbon whiskey (I use Jim Beam)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Lawry's Seasoned Salt
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 cup yellow onion (finely diced)
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl combine all ingredients but the steaks/beef.
- Mix until sugar and salt is dissolved.
- Put the marinade in a large zip-lock bag or in an air tight container then add the steaks/beef.
- Marinate for 4-24 hours. Turning the beef over at least once, during the processes. (24 hours the best).
- Now cook the steak's or beef to your liking.