Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
If you like Lo Mein you will love this recipe. Before you start cooking have all ingredients prepped and ready to go. Once you start cooking everything goes together fast.
- 1 lb round steak, trimmed
- 1 teaspoon low-sodium beef bouillon granules
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 cup diagonally sliced carrot, partially cooked
- 1 medium onion, sliced into rings
- 1⁄2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup diagonally sliced celery
- 1⁄3 cup sliced green onion
- 15 fresh snow peas, trimmed
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 4 ounces thin spaghetti, cooked and drained
- Freeze steak just until firm; slice diagonally across grain into 1/4-inch strips.
- Combine bouillon, water, soy sauce and cornstarch; set aside.
- In a wok or large skillet, heat oil on medium-high.
- Add meat and garlic; stir-fry until the meat is no longer pink, about 5 minutes. Remove meat to a platter.
- Add cabbage, carrots, onion, mushrooms, celery and green onions; stir-fry for about 3 minutes.
- Add peas and water chestnuts; stir-fry 2 minutes.
- Add meat.
- Stir bouillon mixture and pour into skillet; cook and stir until thickened. Gently toss in spaghetti and heat through for 1 minute.
Made this today and was not impressed at all, a lot of chopping and expense just to have a bunch of noodles and filler that tasted like Soya sauce
Very easy and quick recipe. I had everything ready before-hand, as instructed, and it came together so well. The snow peas available in the market were horrible and limp, so I had to skip them this time. The rest of the ingredients were great, and I liked it as is, but in the future I would add a few more ingredients, which will give it more of an Asian flavor - a tsp or two of grated fresh ginger, and a sprinkling of sesame oil over the dish, at the end. Then, for my personal taste - a little hot pepper (flakes or some chile paste would do, too) to kick it up to the next level.