Recipe by Sandyg61
Plan ahead as this needs to marinate at least 6 hours. Overnight is better. Time does not include marinating time. From the Texas Beef Council's website.
- 1 lb boneless beef round tip steak, cut 1-inch thick
- 6 baby portabella mushrooms
- 1 small summer squash, cut lengthwise in half, then crosswise into 1-inch slices
- 1 small red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coarse black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut beef steaks into 1-1/4-inch pieces. Combine marinade ingredients.
- Place beef and marinade in sealable plastic bag; turn to coat. Close bag securely and refrigerate 6 hours to overnight, turning occasionally.
- Soak eight 9-inch bamboo skewers in water 10 minutes; drain.
- Remove beef from marinade; discard marinade.
- Alternately thread beef, mushrooms, peppers and squash evenly onto skewers.
- Place on grid over medium, ash-covered coals.
- Grill, uncovered 8 to 10 minutes for medium rare to medium doneness, turning occasionally.