Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is from a 1994 issue of Southern Living. I have messed around with it, making it a much simpler dish. Hope you enjoy.
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 (12 ounce) trimmed New York strip steaks (may use sirloin or any favorite cut of beef steak)
- 1 1⁄2-2 tablespoons freshly cracked black peppercorns
- 2 tablespoons steak sauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 cup whipping cream
- Place a 10 inch cast iron skillet over medium heat untill hot.
- Sprinkle salt in skillet.
- Place steaks over salt.
- Cook 1 to 2 minutes on each side or until browned.
- Remove from skillet.
- Combine pepper, steak sauce and water in hot skillet.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, to loosen brown bits on the bottom of the skillet.
- Stir in whipping cream
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer, stirring constantly 3 to 4 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Add steak and simmer for 5 minutes or until desired doneness, stirring occasionaly.
OMG!!! This pepper sauce is to DIE FOR! I used 3/4 cup of cream and it was perfect.