Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
I haven't tried this yet, but I was told this method produces a great steak!
- 3 lbs boneless top sirloin steaks (about 2 1/2-inches thick)
- 3 tablespoons soft butter
- 2 large garlic cloves, mashed
- 4 tablespoons salad oil
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1 cup coarse breadcrumbs
- Wipe steak dry. Combine butter, garlic, oil, salt and pepper.
- Spread butter mixture on both sides of steak.
- Press crumbs firmly onto steak on both sides. Place in brown grocery type bag. Close with paper clips.
- Place on baking sheet.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 45 minutes for rare.
- Remove from oven. Let stand 5 minutes Slide onto carving board.
- To serve, carve into 1/4-inch thick diagonal slices.