Recipe by jewer3303
An idea from some local restaurants and added a few ingredients to this delicious burger. The steak sauce and steak seasoning really makes this combination special.
Top Review by ForeverMama
My husband was in Minneapolis Minnesota recently and ate at the 5-8 Club restaurant which he enjoyed their juicy lucy burger. So I did a little search and came upon this recipe, figuring I'd try it out. It is very flavorful and easy to make. I used 3 different cheeses to stuff each burger (American, pepper jack, and swiss). Will definitely make these again for my family as they are tasty. Thank you Chef#1196656 for sharing.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 tablespoons A.1. Original Sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons McCormick's Montreal Brand steak seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄3 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 ounces American cheese
- 3 hamburger buns with sesame seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat Grill or Grill Pan to a medium heat.
- Place the beef into a large mixing bowl and then add onion, A.1. sauce, and all of the seasonings to the meat.
- Mix the ingredients together well.
- You will then want to slice the cheese into small slices. Then make six thin even patties and then form an indentation for the cheese in the middle of three of the patties.
- Add the cheese to the three indented patties and cover with the other three remaining patties, surrounding all of the cheese with meat and clamp the edges together, you will now have three large patties instead of six with cheese in the middle of them.
- Place the patties on the grill or grill pan and cook the first side for 5 minutes.
- Flip the burger over and grill for an additional 5 minutes, you may repeat these steps to each side for a more well done burger depending on your preferences.
- Place the burgers on a sesame bun and add your favorite condiments.