Cook1 hr 5 mins
My mom gave me this recipe which she got from another website. I haven't tried these yet but they sounded terrific.
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease one 9x13 inch baking pan with butter.
- Spread potatoes evenly in the pan.
- Whisk together heavy cream, milk, garlic, flour, salt, and pepper in a large bowl.
- Pour cream mixture over the potatoes.
- Cover with foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes, then remove the foil.
- Continue baking until the potatoes are easily pierced with a fork, about 40 minutes.
- Remove potatoes from the oven and sprinkle Cheddar cheese on top. Return to oven and bake until the cheese is melted, 5 to 10 minutes. Allow to cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Yum! I cut the recipe back to 3 servings for just my grandson and me and cooked it in an individual gratin dish. Very simple and very tasty. I used a 4-cheese blend which was really good too. I had to cook these for considerably longer than the directions stated. I cooked them about 10 minutes longer several times - ended up at almost an hour total time to get them nice and tender. Other than that - these were great! Thanks FeelinYummy for sharing. Made for PAC Spring 2010.
LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! My whole family absolutely loved this recipe. It will become a staple in our home. :)