Recipe by texasstargazing
So simple, it is almost criminal. Every time I make this steak for my husband, he nearly cries in delight. If you don't have the McCormick Montreal Steak Seasoning, please don't bother with this recipe (I buy the huge containers at Sam's. You can also make your own, but be sure and use sea salt).
Top Review by Christmas Carol
This is usually how we make our steaks--with the exception of using olive oil instead of vegetable oil. I agree--the McCormick steak seasoning is a MUST. It showcases wonderfully that the old adage that "less is more" should oftentimes be heeded within the culinary world as well. Absolutely delicious!!!!
- 3 -4 pieces sirloin (not pre-frozen, fresh is best!) or 3 -4 pieces rib eye (not pre-frozen, fresh is best!)
- 4 -5 teaspoons mccormick steak seasoning
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle seasoning over both sides of steak (if you are using a very thin cut, only sprinkle one side.
- Heat up oil in a med-high skillet, cook on each side until desired doneness (I prefer a thin line of red to maintain flavor).
- Remove steaks to plate lined with paper towels. Be careful not to overcook!