Prep 8 mins
Cook 15 mins
"Hamburgers with "Eggs on Horseback" - Hamburgers served with Fried Eggs. I had these at a bistro in Paris and loved them! Very Low Carb!
- 680.38 g ground sirloin, shaped into 4 patties
- 19.71 ml butter
- 59.16 ml butter
- 4 eggs
- 6-12 anchovy fillets (optional)
- 29.58 ml capers, drained
- 14.79 ml parsley, finely chopped
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Sprinkle the patties with salt and pepper and grill the hamburgers; Transfer the patties to a warmed platter and start the eggs.
- Heat 4 teaspoons of butter in a skillet and carefully break the eggs and cook them sunny side up until the whites are firm. Remove from the skillet and place one egg on each pattie.
- Sprinkle the eggs with salt and pepper;.
- Arrange the anchovies (if desired) on top of the eggs.
- Heat 4 tablespoons in a skillet; When it gets foamy, add the capers and parsley.
- When the butter just starts to brown, pour equal amounts of the sauce over each egg/pattie and serve hot.
One of my favorite meals for lunch while living in Paris. Usually served with Vegetables Macedonia (diced mixed vegetables). Actually, it's better if you mince the anchovies and mash them into the hot butter and carry on from there. They'll melt right in and create a sauce with tremendous depth of flavor. That's what anchovies do! Versions of this are enjoyed all over Europe and, indeed, all over the world. Delicious!
Yep, just like Paris. Yummy!
I made this for one--a lovely rare burger, the egg, anchovy and capers with some good French bread, and the parsley to make it healthy. Great burger, Cheryl!