1/1 Photo of Steak Grillades over Cheese Noodles
A Messy Cook's Note:
This is an upscale version of the Louisiana classic, steak grillades. Beef, bacon, onion, and bell peppers are tossed with peppy Cajun spice, then served over cheesy noodles and garnished with tomato and parsley…comfort food kicked up a notch! The recipe is from a Cuisine at Home magazine. I have not tried it yet, but when I do, I’ll be using turkey bacon (we don’t eat pork).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb round steak, cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons cajun spices
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 4 slices thick-sliced bacon, chopped
- 1 cup sliced onion
- 1 cup julienned red orange bell peppers or 1 cup yellow bell pepper
- 1 cup low sodium beef broth
- 8 ounces dried wide egg noodles
- 1/2 cup shredded monterey jack pepper cheese
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1Season steak strips with Cajun spice, then dredge in flour.
- 2Saute bacon in skillet over med-high heat until crisp; remove and set aside.
- 3Add onion and bell pepper to skillet; saute 3 minutes.
- 4Add steak and saute 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 5Return bacon to pan, deglaze with broth, and bring to boil; simmer 3 minutes or until thick.
- 6Boil noodles in unsalted water for 5-8 minutes, and drain well.
- 7Toss hot noodles with cheese and butter in large bowl, salt to taste, and serve immediately with steak (garnish with tomato and parsley).
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Steak Grillades over Cheese Noodles
Serving Size: 1 (1447 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 209.9
- Calories from Fat 88
- Total Fat 9.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 54.6 mg
- Sodium 75.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 12.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: