1/1 Photo of Steak Gorgonzola With Balsamic Reduction over Pasta
1 hr 50 mins
1 hr 30 mins
This recipe is similar to a dish made at Olive Garden. It includes instructions for preparing the balsamic reduction and alfredo sauce, though both items may be purchased already prepared. This is a family favorite!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (2 1/2 lb) boneless beef top sirloin steaks
- 1 1/2 cups Italian dressing
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 lb uncooked pasta, cooked according to pkg directions
- 4 cups chopped spinach
- 2 cups alfredo sauce (buy your own or prepare using ingredients below)
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- 3 tablespoons gorgonzola, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons gorgonzola (for sprinkling on top of finished dish)
- 2 tablespoons chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons balsamic glaze (buy your own or prepare using ingredients below)
FOR ALFREDO SAUCE
- 1 1/2 cups white milk
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup imported parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup imported romano cheese, grated
- 6 jumbo egg yolks
- salt and black pepper
FOR BALSAMIC GLAZE
- 1 (8 ounce) bottle balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1A key to this recipe is marinating the steak for at least 1 hour, I prefer half a day or more. If you will be making your own alfredo sauce and/or balsamic reduction these can and should be done first. They can then be refrigerated for future use or set on a back burner until the steak and pasta are cooked.
- 2MARINATED STEAK PREPARATION.
- 3Cut beef into 1/2" cubes and set aside.
- 4Add the italian dressing to the beef, toss and let marinate for at least 1 hours
- 5ALFREDO SAUCE.
- 6Heat the milk and cream in a heavy bottom saucepan until it comes to a simmer. Slowly whip in all the cheese, then remove from heat.
- 7In a separate bowl, place the egg yolks and slowly whip in a portion of the hot milk and cream mixture. Slowly add the egg yolk mixture back into the remaining cream mixture. (This will increase the temperature of the egg yolks which is called tempering).
- 8Season to taste with the salt and fresh cracked black pepper.
- 9Refrigerate until needed.
- 10BALSAMIC REDUCTION.
- 11Take the bottle of balsamic vinegar and pour it into a saucepan with about 1/2 cup of sugar. Heat, stirring constantly for about 20-25 minutes until the sauce reduces to about half and coats the spoon. Don't allow to boil as the sugar will burn. You'll know when it's the right consistency when you take a little dab (about the size of a pearl) and put it on a chilled plate, and it holds it's shape pretty well. Cool and store in a covered container.
- 12COMPLETE MEAL.
- 13Heat Alfredo sauce in large sauté pan.
- 14Add onion, spinach and gorgonzola cheese.
- 15Grill steak to desired doneness.
- 16Cook pasta. Place drained pasta in sauté pan with heated alfredo sauce.
- 17Toss pasta with sauce and place on a large platter.
- 18Place grilled beef on pasta and sauce.
- 19Drizzle with balsamic glaze.
- 20Sprinkle remaining gorgonzola cheese and sun dried tomatoes.
- 21Enjoy with a tomato salad and a nice glass of wine!
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Steak Gorgonzola With Balsamic Reduction over Pasta
Serving Size: 1 (569 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1794.0
- Calories from Fat 820
- Total Fat 91.1 g
- Saturated Fat 39.6 g
- Cholesterol 611.8 mg
- Sodium 1693.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 140.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 45.3 g
- Protein 98.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: