Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
Picked up this little gem from a friend. Can be made ahead of time, so don't let the long laundry list frighten you. Have included marinating time for steak.
- 1 (2 1/2 lb) boneless beef top sirloin steaks
- 1 1⁄2 cups Italian dressing (I used Newman's Own Lighten Up Italian)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice (optional)
- 1 lb uncooked pasta, cooked according to pkg directions
- 4 cups chopped spinach
- 2 cups alfredo sauce
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
- 3 tablespoons gorgonzola, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons gorgonzola (for sprinkling on top of finished dish)
- 2 tablespoons chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar, glaze (I used the bottled glaze from igourmet.com)
- chopped fresh parsley leaves, for sprinkling
- MARINATED STEAK PREPARATION;.
- Cut beef into 1/2" cubes and set aside.
- Mix the Italian dressing, rosemary and lemon juice, if using, together.
- Add the marinade to the beef toss and let marinate for at least 1 hour.
- SPINACH GORGONZOLA SAUCE:.
- Heat Alfredo sauce in large sauté pan.
- Add onion, spinach and Gorgonzola cheese.
- TO PUT THE DISH TOGETHER:.
- Grill steak to desired doneness.
- Place drained pasta in sauté pan with heated Alfredo sauce.
- Toss pasta with sauce and place on a large platter.
- Place grilled beef on pasta and sauce.
- Drizzle with balsamic glaze.
- Sprinkle remaining Gorgonzola cheese, sun dried tomatoes and parsley leaves.
- Enjoy with a nice tomato salad and a nice glass of wine!
THIS RECIPE WAS AWESOME!!! It tasted even BETTER than Olive Garden's and was extremely easy to make! We only marinated the steak for 45mins and it was still delicious!! Total time was about 1hr15mins and that was only because we didn't marinate ahead of time. If you marinate it ahead of time, you cold easily make this recipe in about 30 mins. The marinade was SO GOOD! I highly reccommend this recipe. The only bad thing I could I would say about it is that if your going to use a whole box of pasta, you might want to get a little extra alfredo (esp. if you like a lot of sauce).
A great recipe. I've made it as written as well as with my own tweaks. I don't like the Italian dressing marinade, so I use my own made of lemon juice, garlic, ginger, and a splash of teriyaki sauce. Other than that, I make it as written using a homemade Alfredo sauce recipe. Definitely recommend this to anyone who is a fan of the Oliver Garden dish.
OH MY GOSH! I don't remember exactly what it tasted like at OG, but this is AHHH-MAZING! I love me some mushrooms so I added two packages of mixed mushrooms... and I also ended up using a ton more Alfredo sauce... and Gorgonzola cheese, but I'm sure even without having done so it would have been just as great. Thank you so much for posting this! :)