Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Have never made this, but I thought it sounded right up a mans alley...might make it for hubby one day.
- 2 (1 lb) packagesfrozen gnocchi
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom, sliced
- 1 (1 1/2-2 lb) boneless beef top sirloin steaks
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup steak sauce
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons softened butter
- 2 tablespoons whole grain mustard
- heavy duty aluminum foil
- Cut 6 sheets of foil (8x12) and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Preheat to 450°F.
- Cook gnocchi according to package directions, and drain.
- Gently combine prepared gnocchi and mushrooms in a medium bowl.
- Cut steak across the grain into 1/8-inch slices and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Combine steak sauce, cheese, butter, and mustard in small bowl.
- Place 1/6 of gnocchi mix in centre of each sheet of foil. Divide steak into 6 portions and place on top of gnocchi.
- Divide sauce and pour over steak.
- Double fold sides and ends of foil to seal packets and place on baking sheet.
- Bake 12-15 minutes, or until beef is tender. Open slowly to allow steam to escape and serve.
I made this without the steak sauce or mustard and it was good. Will make again. I also only cooked for two.