Recipe by phil.stratton
Sweet and savory steak with a good gravy, served over rice. Make sure you use a good red table wine. If you won't drink it, don't cook with it.
- 5 slices bacon
- 1 onion
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 cup red wine
- 1 teaspoon aldi stonemill brand steak & chops grinder spices (Sea salt, Whole peppercorn, Coriander, Parsley, Whole brown mustard seed, Whole yellow mustard seed)
- 1 lb top round steak
Directions See How It's Made
- Rub dry, ground spices on both sides of steak, to taste. Let sit.
- Fry bacon until crisp. Remove from pan and dry.
- Slice onion.
- Mince garlic.
- Fry onion and garlic in bacon drippings until brown.
- Add wine to onions and garlic. Simmer for 1 minute.
- Place steak in frying pan, cover, cook to desired doneness.
- Remove steak from frying pan.
- Crumble bacon into frying pan.
- Thicken gravy. Serve over rice.