1/3 Photos of Steak Fillet With Mushrooms
The Flying Chef's Note:
This is a simple steak recipe that tastes great, I served mine over sweet potato rosti which went really well. You can use any mushrooms you like, what ever is in season or your favourite. I used swiss brown, enoki and oyster, so take your pick. I used herbed butter to cook the mushrooms which I strongly recommend as it adds so much flavour to the sauce.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 steak fillets (you will see from the photo mine were very thick about 300g a piece So cooking time reflects this.)
- 500 g mixed mushrooms, sliced and chopped (see note above for what I used)
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 40 g herbed butter
- 1 teaspoon beef stock granules
- 180 ml creme fraiche
- 70 ml cream
- 1 teaspoon cornflour
- 3 green onions, sliced thinly
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped finely
- 1Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- 2Heat oil in a pan, add steaks and sear 2 minutes each side, cook for a further 4-5 Min's a side.
- 3Remove to an oven proof dish and cook for a further 15-20 Min's for Medium rare-Medium. Please adjust cooking times for thinner steaks as I said above mine were about 300g a piece and this cooking time gave us a tender steaks, nice and pink in the middle.
- 5Melt butter in a pan, add mushrooms, cook, until almost tender, add garlic and cook for a further 2 Min's, stirring, so garlic does not burn.
- 6Add creme fraiche, cream and stock, bring to the boil. Reduce heat to a simmer, mix a little water with cornflour, add to sauce and stir until mixture thickens.
- 7Stir in onions and parsley, serve sauce over steak.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Steak Fillet With Mushrooms
Serving Size: 1 (96 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 351.2
- Calories from Fat 336
- Total Fat 37.3 g
- Saturated Fat 20.0 g
- Cholesterol 104.0 mg
- Sodium 97.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 1.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
beef stock granules