Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is from one of my Food and Wine cookbooks. The wine recommendation is to serve this with a merlot. Not your ordinary fajitas! YUM.
- 48 inches flour tortillas
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- 2 green bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 lbs skirt steaks, cut into 2 pieces
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 lb Roquefort cheese or 1⁄4 lb other blue cheese, crumbled
- Heat the oven to 350. Stack the tortillas and wrap them in foil. Warm them in the oven for about 15 minutes.
- In a large frying pan, heat 2 tablespoons of the oil over moderately high heat. Add the onions, peppers and ½ teaspoon of the salt and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned, about 10 minutes. Set aside.
- Heat the broiler. Coat the steaks with the remaining oil. Sprinkle with the remaining salt and pepper. Broil the steaks for 3 minutes. Turn the meat and cook to your taste, 2-5 minutes longer.
- Let rest in a warm spot for 5 minutes. Cut the steaks diagonally across the grain into think slices.
- Roll the steak slices, onions and peppers, and Roquefort in the warm tortillas.