1/1 Photo of Steak Fajitas--Recipe and Method
1 hr 25 mins
1 hr 10 mins
For perfect fajitas every time-Keith's Master Recipe! Make sure to check out the optional condiments at the end of the directions.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Tamari is aged soy sauce and can be found in most grocery stores.
- 2In a blender combine the olive oil, tamari, green onions, garlic cloves, lime juice, red pepper flakes, cumin and brown sugar.
- 3Blend until smooth.
- 4Cut your skirt steak into 3 equal pieces.
- 5Place steaks in a large zip-lock baggie.
- 6Pour in marinade, remove as much air as possible and seal.
- 7Move steak around in baggie so that all sides are coated.
- 8Marinate in the fridge for 1 hour.
- 9Wrap your tortillas in aluminum foil-seal.
- 10Slice green peppers in half-remove seeds.
- 11Peel and slice your onion into 1/4 inch slices.
- 12Heat charcoal until grey ash is achieved.
- 13Place grill grate "directly" on top of hot coals.
- 14Heat grate for 10 minutes.
- 15While grate is heating up get a 2 foot length of aluminum foil and fold over once. Crimp sides well to make a foil pouch. You will want to double if not using heavy duty foil.
- 16Remove steaks from marinade-place directly onto hot grate.
- 17Discard marinade in baggie.
- 18Cook for 1 minute 30 seconds per side.
- 19Remove, place on foil and seal.
- 20Let stand in sealed foil packet for 15 minutes.
- 21While steak is resting grill peppers and onion slices to desired doneness.
- 22Place foil wrapped tortillas on grate for 3 minutes, flip and continue to heat for another 3 minutes.
- 23Open foil packet carefully so that you reserve the juices.
- 24Slice steaks thinly across the grain, straight down-no need to angle the slice, no more than 1/4 inch thick.
- 25Return meat to foil packet and coat with juices.
- 26Slice peppers and cut onion slices in half.
- 27Dress your tortillas with meat, peppers and onions.
- 28Optional condiments are sour cream, guacamole, shredded sharp cheddar or queso cheese, sliced jalapeños.
- 29We have used flank steak with equal success. Lay the flank steak flat on a cutting board and carefully cut it in half widthwise (so that it looks like you have two thin flank steaks), cut one into 3 pieces and continue with recipe directions, freezing the other half for another night.
- 30Prep time includes marinating time.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Steak Fajitas--Recipe and Method
Serving Size: 1 (517 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1303.9
- Calories from Fat 631
- Total Fat 70.1 g
- Saturated Fat 16.6 g
- Cholesterol 196.5 mg
- Sodium 3610.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 87.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.8 g
- Sugars 21.3 g
- Protein 80.2 g