1/1 Photo of Steak Fajitas (Citrus Garlic Chile Marinated Skirt Steak)
This recipe pairs skirt steak (a flavorful, yet less tender cut of beef) with citrus, garlic and chile- all piled into a soft flour tortilla. The garnishes are up to you: We like pico de gallo and sour cream, but also try grilled onions and bell peppers. An easy and low-calorie Tex-Mex favorite from Ladies Home Journal Test Kitchen.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon, rind of
- 1/3 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon ground arbol chile (or chile powder)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 lbs skirt steaks (or flank steak)
- 6 soft flour tortillas, warmed
- pico de gallo
- sour cream (for garnish)
- 1Make marinade:.
- 2Combine all marinade ingredients in a large shallow baking dish. Add steak, turning to coat. Cover and marinate steak in the refrigerator, 45 minutes.
- 3Meanwhile, heat grill. Remove steak from refrigerator and stand at room temperature, 15 minutes. Remove steak from marinade and grill 5 minutes. Turn and grill steak 3 to 5 minutes more, or until instant-read thermometer inserted in center of steak reaches 135 degrees F for medium-rare.
- 4Transfer to cutting board and slice. Divide and fill warm tortillas with steak, pico de gallo and sour cream, if desired.
- 5Makes 6 servings.
- 6NOTE: Time does not include marinaing time.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Steak Fajitas (Citrus Garlic Chile Marinated Skirt Steak)
Serving Size: 1 (208 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 415.1
- Calories from Fat 157
- Total Fat 17.5 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 89.1 mg
- Sodium 501.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 43.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: