Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
I found this recipe in Paula Deen's 2009 Calendar Book. Enjoy Ya'll!
- 1 lb flank steak
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 cups water
- 3 (15 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) can ranch style beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) canpetit diced tomatoes
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 teaspoons dried ancho chile powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Cut steaks across grain into thin 1 inch strips.
- In a large dutch oven heat oil over medium-high heat. Add steak, cook 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Add peppers, onions, cook 5 minutes. Stir in water, tomato sauce, beans, diced tomatoes, cilantro, chili powder, cumin, lime juice, garlic salt, and pepper.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, reduce heat and simmer 30 minutes.
- Garnish with cheese and sour cream if you want. Enjoy!
I love this chili! My friend found the recipe in the same calendar and had to try it, and then she recommended it to me. The first time I made it I couldn't find the ranch-style beans, so I just used a can of red beans and it turned out fine. Tonight I am making it again and using the ranch-style beans. It is still simmering, but I took a taste and it is good this way too. A little more spicy maybe. Be sure you use a big pot, this recipe makes a lot of chili. Thanks for posting, Barbarella, now I don't have to!