Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
All of the components of a steak enchilada in a savory broth. You can control the heat in the recipe depending on the type of Rotel tomatoes you use, the type of taco seasoning you add & the Enchilada sauce that you settle on. It can be as mild or as spicy as you like.
- 85.04-226.79 g sirloin steaks
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 celery ribs, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (850.48 g) can Rotel tomatoes & chilies, with lime
- 113.39 g can diced green chilies
- 425.24 g can black beans, rinsed & drained
- 425.24 g can pinto beans, rinsed & drained
- 354.88 ml frozen corn
- 425.24 g can enchilada sauce
- 35.43 g package taco seasoning
- 1360.77 g beef broth
- 78.07 ml heavy cream
- 29.58 ml cilantro, chopped
- salt & pepper
- Combine all of the ingredients together ( except steaks, cream & cilantro) in a crock pot.
- Nestle the whole steaks in the mixture.
- Cook on low for 6-7 hours.
- Remove steaks from the crock pot and shred with 2 forks. Return to the crock pot and cook an additional hour.
- Turn the heat of and add the cream & cilantro. Stir to combine.
- Garnish with crumbled cojita cheese, cilantro, tortilla strips, sour cream & avacado slices.