Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Our family has always made new recipes to suit the tastes of our growing family. This recipe presents the New York Strip Beef in an excellent sandwich that is easy to make and easy to eat. Pair this entree with a topping of Boursin cheese and sauteed onions. Add some steak fries and an ice cold American beer to round out your grilling event.
- 2 one inch thick New York strip steaks, trimmed of exterior fat
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons emerils dry steak seasoning
- 1 onion, sliced thin
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons fajita marinade, liquid
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) container boursin cheese, room temperature
- 8 potato coney buns
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- This recipe works best on a grill with a side burner.
- Coat beef in oil and season to taste with the Emeril's Steak Rub.
- Grill over medium heat 6-7 minutes per side for medium doneness.
- Reduce heat on grill to low.
- In a cast iron skillet on the side burner, heat butter over medium heat until melted.
- Add onion slices, fajita marinade and the sugar.
- Saute until golden brown. Remove from heat.
- Transfer steak to cutting board and slice lengthwise into four one-inch strips.
- Put one strip in each bun, top with some of the boursin cheese spread and some of the sauteed onions, to taste.
- Serve immediately.