Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 hrs
Adapted from Terry Shackelford
- 4 small petite sirlion steaks
- 1⁄2 cup A.1. Original Sauce or 1⁄2 cup Heinz 57 steak sauce
- 4 baking potatoes
- 4 corn on the cob
- aluminum foil
- canola oil cooking spray
- Place steaks on bottom of crock pot. Pour steak sauce over top.
- Take a layer of foil, spray it with canola oil and set oil-side down on steaks.
- Wrap potatoes in foil, set them on top of steaks.
- If using frozen corn, wrap individually in foil, set along side of potatoes.
- Set on LOW for 6 hours.
If you're considering trying this, don't bother. The steak was WAY overcooked, and I had to put the potatoes in the microwave to finish cooking them. The corn was good, at least. I used fresh corn on the cob. I'm glad I didn't try the frozen.<br/><br/>My biggest regret was that I waited 6 hours for something I could have done in a half-hour, and it would have been much better. That time would be better spent letting the steaks marinate. Sorry, I love a crockpot, but this is just not good.
My husband and I travel alot for work so we do alot of crockpot and microwave cooking. I let the steaks marinate overnight. The next morning I layered everything in the crockpot and cooked on low for 8 hours. All I can say is AWESOME!!! The steaks were so tender. It was the absolute best tasting and tenderest steaks we've ever ate. The corn and potatoes turned out great too. Thanks so much for this recipe. We'll definitely be using it alot.