1/5 Photos of Steak Diane from a Treasury of Great Recipes by Vincent Price
I have mentioned on this site that my Mother was a French Pastry chef at one of the few 5 star restaurants in the Chicago area in the 70's. I learned a lot from her. Especially my love for wonderful cookbooks, like Vincent and Mary Prices "A Treasury of Great Recipes". If you are a collector of fine cookbooks, this vintage book is a must have for the true connoisseur. This wonderful dish, Steak Diane is from the Famous Whitehall Club in Chicago. This dish is done table-side in the club, but not at my house! I have been making this recipe for years and years. It is always a home run and a sure fire way to impress even the fussiest.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat in small sauce pan 2 tablespoons of butter over medium-high heat.
- 2Add 4 tablespoons finely chopped Shallots and cook until lightly browned.
- 3Add 2 tablespoons Worcestershire and heat to bubbling, keeping the sauce hot.
- 4Heat 12 in skillet 6 tablespoons butter, when it begins to brown, add pounded steaks and cook for 3 minutes.
- 5Turn and cook 2 to 3 more minutes longer, or until done to taste.
- 6Transfer to a serving dish and sprinkle with salt and a generous amount of fresh ground pepper.
- 7Spread the shallot sauce over the steaks and sprinkle with fresh chopped parsley.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Steak Diane from a Treasury of Great Recipes by Vincent Price
Serving Size: 1 (217 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 770.7
- Calories from Fat 556
- Total Fat 61.8 g
- Saturated Fat 29.7 g
- Cholesterol 227.6 mg
- Sodium 206.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 48.2 g