Prep 0 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is the classic Steak Diane my husband makes when he wants to prepare something special for us; This is a perfect meal; Serve with french fries and sauteed mushrooms.
- 2 beef tenderloin steaks (1/2 in thick)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- 2 tablespoons shallots, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 5 ounces beef consomme, chilled
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- salt and pepper
- Heat butter and oil.
- Fry steaks for 1-2 minutes on each side.
- Bring heat to High; Add brandy and ignite .
- If you have no brandy rye would do.
- Shake pan until flame is extinguished.
- Remove steak from pan to a heated plate.
- Add shallots and parsley, Worcestershire and cook slowly for 1 1/2 minutes.
- Add consomme to pan 1 teaspoon at a time; bring to a boil.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Use only 1/2 can of consomme.
- Return steak to pan.
- Taste to adjust salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile heat your serving plates in the microwave.
- Spoon sauce over steaks and serve immediately on heated plates.