Prep 5 mins
Cook 16 mins
This comes from a Family Circle Cookbook. I have made a few changes. It works well if you add mushrooms or dijon mustard to the sauce...Serve with potatoes and salad. This is one of my darling's favourites.. You should have all the sauce ingredients ready before you start.
- 600 g blade steaks
- ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, diced finely
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Grand Marnier (brandy will do)
- 1⁄2 cup cream
- parsley, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- Trim meat off fat, and pound to even thinness.
- Melt half of the butter in a frypan over a medium heat.
- Add steak, and cook turning once only to desired doneness.
- Add extra butter to pan.
- Cook onions and garlic over low heat, until softened, around 3 mins.
- Add Worcester sauce and brandy, scraping up black bits from steak.
- Add cream, stir through and simmer for five mins.
- Do not boil.
- Return steaks to pan and coat with sauce.
- Serve immediately.
- Garnish with chopped parsley.
My Husband and I loved it! The only thing I did different is I added 2 cloves of garlic:) Thank you so much for this wonderful recipe!
A definite keeper cooked mine 6 minutes on each side for well done and made a double batch of sauce so I could also put it on my rice pilaf which was fantastic together. It's so good hubby says now we won't even be able to go out for steaks anymore cuz now yours are better.
We loved this sauce. I used porterhouse steaks and rather than trimming the fat I just snipped through it with kitchen scissors so the steak didn.t curl. We served this with Cheese and Potato Pancakes and Sun-Dried Tomato Vinaigrette.