Recipe by keen5
This was my ex-husbands favorite! Anytime his birthday or something special came up, he wanted this. It is soooo quick and easy to make, but guests think I've slaved. It is important to serve this immediately. I don't think it took me 15 minutes for prep time, because I used the crushed garlic in the jar.
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons minced onions
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 2 tablespoons snipped parsley
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 lb beef tenderloin, cut into 8 slices
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook and stir mushrooms, onions, garlic, salt, lemon juice and Worcestershire sauce in 1/4 cup of butter until mushrooms are tender.
- Stir in parsley; keep sauce warm.
- Melt 2 tblsp.butter in skillet; turning once, cook tenderloin slices over medium-high heat to medium doneness, about 3 to 4 minutes on each side
- Serve immediately with mushroom-butter sauce.