Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Delicious steak and mushroom dish that tastes like you slaved over it. Use Maggi sauce if you can find it, otherwise Worcestershire works fine.
- 4 thin beef steaks
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup portabella mushroom, sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped onions
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 teaspoon maggi seasoning, sauce or 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh thyme, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Make sauce first. Combine butter, mushrooms, onion, garlic, Maggi sauce, pepper and lemon juice in a pan. Cook and stir together without herbs until mushrooms are tender. Add in herbs and keep warm while making steaks.
- Cook steaks in 2 Tbs butter in a skillet over medium heat. Turn once during cooking.
- When steaks are to desired doneness, remove from heat and plate. Smother in mushroom sauce and serve.