Recipe by TheGrumpyChef
1001 Low-Fat recipes.
Top Review by CIndytc
Can I give this recipe 10 stars? It was that good...I doubled it because of the piece of meat I had. I am very glad I did..the only thing I changed was I added a little red wine to it and a little more tomotes...and cooked it quite long...but boy was it tasty...
- 1 1⁄4 lbs boneless beef round steak, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 cup diced shallot
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can whole tomatoes, undrained and chopped
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 8 ounces linguine, cooked, warm
- 1⁄4 cup chopped Italian parsley
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray large skillet with cooking spray: heat over medium heat until hot.
- Saute beef, onion, bell peppers, garlic, and shallots until meat is browned and onion tender, about 10 minute.
- Add remaining ingredients, except salt and pepper, linguine, parsley and Parmesaon cheese, and simmer, covered, until meat is tender, 45 to 60 minutes.
- Simmer, uncovered until thickened to desired consistency, about 15 minutes.
- Season to taste with the salt and pepper.
- Serve over linguine: sprinkle with parsley and Parmesan cheese.