Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe really is better with the Tabasco added!
Make and share this Steak Creole recipe from Food.com.
- 453.59 g round steaks or 453.59 g sirloin steak
- 3 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 29.58 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 453.59 g can diced tomatoes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 113.39 g jar sliced mushrooms
- 2.46 ml Tabasco sauce (optional)
- Cut and trim steak into bite-sized pieces; brown in skillet over medium heat in 2T oil.
- Add diced celery, green pepper, tomatoes, onion, mushrooms, worcestershire and tabasco.
- Simmer over low heat for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until meat is tender.
- Serve over hot cooked rice or noodles.
This was a really good, hearty, comfort type food. I served it over rice and it was a huge hit with my family. It was also super easy to make. I did let it simmer for about an hour or so, just to let the meat get nice and tender. Thanks for the recipe!
We love anything creole, so I knew that this would be a hit with my family before I ever cooked it. Made exactly as directed, except I used fresh sliced mushrooms and the diced tomatoes I used had green chili peppers included. I cooked some shell pasta and stirred into the creole before serving. Thanks for the great recipe.