Recipe by wife2abadge
I got this from Looking Good Now! magazine and it was really delish. The steak was tender and the sauce was great. We ate it over brown rice.
- 3 lbs lean boneless beef top round steaks
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 onion, thickly sliced
- 2 green bell peppers, seeded and sliced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 2 cups canned beef broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim any fat from the steak.
- Season the steak with the pepper and dredge it in the flour, shaking off any excess.
- In a large nonstick skillet brown the steak over med-high heat for 5 minutes on each side.
- Remove the steak from the skillet and set aside.
- Add the onion and bell pepper to the skillet and cook over med heat, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic, beef broth, tomato sauce, brown sugar, worcestershire sauce, basil, thyme, and oregano; bring to a boil.
- Return the steak to the skillet and baste with the sauce.
- Cover and cook over med-low heat for 1 1/2-2 hours, or until steak is very tender, stirring occasionally.