Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
hearty steak chili with a mild spice
- 1 lb skirt steak
- 1 (12 ounce) can onion soup (can use dry pacaket but add 1 1/2 cup water)
- 1 (12 ounce) can chili beans
- 1 (12 ounce) can kidney beans
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste (use half the can of tomato paste)
- 1 (12 ounce) can tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 bouillon cube (use half)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika (optional)
- Marinade skirt steak with salt & pepper or whatever you desire, then brown the steak and set aside.
- Add onion soup to big pot and let simmer.
- Add the rest of ingredients and then add steak back inches.
- Simmer for 2-3 hours or longer if desired depending on how thick or soupy you want it. Stir occasionally and add more water towards the end if needed.