Recipe by Mercy
This is from the stout episode of the show "The Thirsty Traveler". The cooking time is actually marination time.
- 4 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 4 beef tenderloin fillets, tenderloin
- 1 cup irish stout beer
- 8 large fresh oysters, shucked
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- In a shallow bowl, mix the Worcestershire sauce and liquid smoke.
- Place the fillets in the mixture and marinate in the refrigerator overnight.
- In a medium bowl pour in stout, add oysters and let sit for 1 to 2 hours.
- Season steaks.
- Make a small incision in each of the fillets.
- Insert 1 to 2 oysters in the incision, depending on size, and pin closed with a toothpick.
- Cook on a grill or in saute pan for 4 to 6 minutes a side, or to your liking.