Cumin seasoned steak and bananas on the grill along with rice and black beans. Grill times are for a compression type indoor grill - like a George Foreman.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 rib eye steaks, boneless 1-inch thick
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon orange peel, finely shredded
- 1 teaspoon butter, melted
- 2 large firm bananas, peeled and cut in half lengthwise and crosswise (or 2 plantain bananas, fully ripe)
- 2/3 cup long grain rice, uncooked
- 1/2 cup black beans, cooked (or canned, rinsed and drained)
- 2 tablespoons sweet red peppers, finely chopped
- 1Preheat indoor electric grill.
- 2Trim fat from steaks. Combine garlic, cumin, coriander, salt, and ground red pepper. Reserve 1/4 tsp spice mixture for rice.
- 3Brush both sides of steaks with 1 tbsp of lime juice. Sprinkle spice mixture evenly over steaks; rub in with fingers.
- 4Combine the remaining 1 tbsp lime juice , orange peel and melted margarine. Brush on both sides of bananas and set aside.
- 5Cook rice according to package directions in lightly salted water along with add reserved spice mixture. Stir in beans and red sweet pepper to cooked rice; heat through.
- 6Place steaks on grill and close lid. Cook 4-6 minutes for medium-rare, 6-8 minutes for medium. When done remove steaks from grill, cover and keep warm.
- 7Add bananas to the grill and close lid. Grill until heated through, about 4 minutes.
- 8Note: if using plaintain bananas- when fully ripe they are still firm but the skin has turned mostly black. If not using fully ripe plantains- cook a little longer than instructed.
Browse Our Top Bananas Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Steak Caribbean
Serving Size: 1 (139 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 222.5
- Calories from Fat 16
- Total Fat 1.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 2.5 mg
- Sodium 156.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 8.7 g
- Protein 5.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
rib eye steaks