Recipe by Charlotte J
Need to use that bottle of Burgundy wine that is opened? Try it with this steak and pasta recipe. Very tasty and quick to make.
Top Review by mirespada
I was disappointed because I thought this was going to be an unusual recipe that would wow my family...and it was exactly like my dad's recipe for stroganoff, minus the sour cream and chives. In fact, when my boyfriend came home from the late shift and ate the leftovers, he told me the next morning, "stroganoff was good as usual. Thanks babe!" So, this might be a good recipe, but fell short for what I was going for.
- 3 (12 ounce) steaks, thick-cut & boneless
- 6 bacon, stripes
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 1⁄2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 3 teaspoons flour
- 1 cup water
- 1 1⁄2 packages dry onion soup mix
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup Burgundy wine
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice, fresh
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (12 ounce) package noodles, wide
- 1⁄4 cup Burgundy wine
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the steaks in half.
- Wrap the bacon around the steak and secure with string or toothpick.
- Brown steaks in butter 2 minutes on each side.
- Add mushrooms and cook until tender.
- Mix water and flour together and into skillet.
- Add soup mix, parsley, 1/2 cup wine, lemon and worcestershire sauce into skillet, stir.
- Simmer for 8 minutes or until steaks are tender, turning occasionally.
- Prepare noodles according to package directions.
- I add the 1/4 cup wine into the water.
- Serve steaks over noodles.