Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Super quick & easy. My 16 yr old son & friends devour these up in a hurry. You may need to adjust the vegetable quantity, as some in my home prefer them without them. Hope you like them!
- 4 grinder rolls (A.K.A Hoagie or sub)
- 1 -1 1⁄2 lb rare roast beef, sliced thin (deli, I use Boar's Head brand)
- 1⁄3 lb sharp provolone cheese, sliced
- 1⁄3 lb mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 1 large sweet onion, sliced
- 1 large green pepper, sliced
- 1 lb mushroom, sliced
- 3 -4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- nonstick cooking spray
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 1. Melt butter in a large saute pan over medium low heat.
- 2. Saute onions & peppers, stirring occasionally.
- 3. Add mushrooms once the onions & peppers have softened up a bit.
- 4. Season with salt & pepper to taste.
- 5. Continue to cook until the vegetables are cooked through and soft, stirring occasionally.
- 6. When veggies are almost done spray a 2nd saute pan and place over med heat.
- 7. Add roast beef, separated into 4 portions in the pan.
- 8. Place 1 slice of mozzarella & 1 slice of provolone over each potion of beef.
- 9. Chop up & combine the meat & cheese together using a wooden spoon or spatula sprayed with non-stick spray.
- 10. Season with salt & pepper.
- 11. Spread mayo on grinder rolls (optional).
- 12. Place beef & cheese into rolls.
- 13. Top with veggies (optional).
- 14. Serve immediately.